Sunday, December 12, 2010

How to turn myself into a writer?

 

Many MANY years ago I considered pursuing writing in college.  I had already completed a degree in Psychology and was not satisfied.  I had returned briefly for a business degree that required a writing course my previous degree had not.  Finally after years of failure I had finally been able to pull an A out of my professor for writing.  I actually enjoyed too!

Well fast forward 12 years, 3 kids, a wonderful marriage, and knowledge of Army stuff I never wanted, and here I sit thinking about writing again.

I don’t understand the appeal it has for me.  It is rather like exposing myself to strangers emotionally but nonetheless I feel drawn.

The downside, it requires quiet moments without interruption.  It also requires that emotionally I am mostly free from mental burdens.  2 events that are rare in my life.

I will add it to the prayer list and see what comes of it. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a knack for it myself. You certainly know how to brighten my day with all your FB comments! Pray about it...and if God leads, go for it my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...