Monday, January 03, 2011

Our New Chef

My oldest son always asks to help in the kitchen. He has since he was very small, always on the countertops watching, wanting to stir, wash dishes, etc. Now he is 8 and I thought maybe it was time to let him make his own dinner, with assistance.


He got this book at Christmas with a gift card from Nana.




He chose lasagna for his first meal. While pouring in the sauce he said it looked like a particle cannon. Perhaps he should cut back on the Command & Conquer before he cooks unsupervised.


This was the result and it was delicious. Since my husband can only reheat or follow really specific directions totaling no more than 3 steps I look forward to another cook in the house. DH will appreciate the help as well. I think the stovetop scares him.

On a side note, I think I need prettier dishes if I am going to take pictures for the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...