Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cheesecake Saturday-Triple Chocolate Cheesecake

Happy Saturday!

I am up late and I will pay for it in the morning but the cheesecake needed to be made.

Again I changed it.  I know you are shocked.  I always follow the recipe, keep traditions, and never break the rules.

That was a nice break but back to reality……

I didn’t like the chocolate fudge mirror in the original Junior’s Triple Chocolate Cheesecake.  It was too acidic for me, too sugary.  So I tried a chocolate glaze from another recipe and it was more like someone put a candy bar on top.  Good but it doesn’t go on creamy perfect chocolate cheesecake.

So in the interest of keeping the title I wanted 3 different types of chocolate.

Again with the brownie crust, it is easy and I like it.  I use a box version usually whatever is on sale.  I do have limits and prefer Ghirardelli (summer in CA and one cute boy got me hooked) but Betty Crocker will do too.  I just pour a small layer in the pan and bake for 25 minutes.

So the same basic cheesecake recipe used with the original New York (I memorized it therefore I will use it forever) split in half in two different bowls.  Then I added melted (in the microwave) Ghirardelli milk chocolate (5 oz) in one bowl and Ghirardelli semisweet DSC01143chocolate (5 oz) in the other after they had cooled a bit.  Stirred gently until incorporated thoroughly.  Next I poured the semisweet batter into the springform pan leaving about a cup in the bowl.  Then I gently in small dollops placed the milk chocolate batter on top of the semisweet layer (leaving 1 cup in the bowl), careful not to mix the layers.

I was also trying out new 4 inch springform pans so I took the remaining one cup of each batter and did the same with them as with the 9 inch.  As I discovered last week, the DSC01146smaller cheesecakes will cook the same amount of time as the larger so I put them in the same pan to cook.

Aren’t they cute all wrapped up ready for their warm bath?

They are baking now while I type.  After a rest and some cooling off time they will be dressed up for presentation tomorrow.  The little ones will go to work with my husband and the larger one will go next door for a big Sunday dinner.DSC01140

I promise to take pictures before they leave.  Aaahhhhh, they grow up so fast don’t they?

Now for cleanup….

DSC01129On a brighter note, I just came into a lot of Pampered Chef products.  It was an exchange of sorts so it is guilt free Pampered Chef.  The best kind.  I will definitely be telling you about all of it because I love love love kitchen tools that work and make life easier.  That is definitely these!


UPDATED: Pic of finished cheesecake. L.O.V.E. It was so so good.

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...